Friday, August 17, 2007

Ranting

It's been around a day and a half since I decided to try to stop venting - or as I'd like to call it: ranting. In that small amount of time, I've already had difficulties. I might not have succeeded in not "ranting" but I've become much more aware of it, and it's frightening how much I have to work on.

You see, the problem is, I've noticed, that being a mostly private person, I tend to rant all day... to myself. Yeah, apparently, my self-talk, though not entirely negative, is clearly unbalanced. I've caught myself doing it tons of times today, and I haven't even been driving my car.

Suffice it to say that this is not heartening. Every time I catch myself, whether ranting to myself or to someone else, I have to stop and change the way my mind is working. It's a difficult challenge.

No comments: