Tuesday, January 23, 2007

auditions, job, Lost spoilers, and more 24 madness

I didn't get called back for Les Miz. No worries, really. Sometimes it's just not in the cards. I've dealt with disappointment before, and I've experienced enough to know that one thing may eventually lead to another, and that I don't have anything to worry about. I'd like to keep doing theatre, though, so pray for me, that I can find the right thing. I'm having trouble finding even good community theater auditions nearby. There were several auditions that happened around the same time as Les Miz, some of which I didn't even hear about until that same weekend. Now it's kind of dry. I'll probably audition at the Hale on Feb. 3, though I don't hold out much hope of getting in. You never know.

My job is alright. It's fairly boring, and I don't know if I'll really connect well with my coworkers. They're kind of an odd sort, just not very much the same sort of odd as I. They like me well enough, and most of them are easy to work with. And I think they're glad to have someone around who can catch on right away. Several times I heard some ladies express their appreciation of my intelligence, almost without my saying or doing anything. Apparently, it's not every day that somebody comes in and does something just as they're told to do it. huh... I hope to get more hours, and I'm sure that won't be a problem once I'm in the swing of things. I just hope I don't get overloaded and get sick of it too fast either. ten bucks an hour isn't too bad a gig for a part time, flexible, fairly mindless kind of work. But I think it may be several early mornings and some late nights. I was there until 12:45 last night. Wednesday night I work again, but not until 9pm. weird.

Not too much else to talk about right now. I'm doing well. I've been catching up on Lost:season 3 on abc.com, and I know that several people have commented to me that season three is a let-down, but I think ya'll are off your rocker. I don't particularly like the way Echo bit it with the smoke thing, and I hope we get some explanation on that. But basically, I think it's pretty intriguing.

Did ya see 24? I could not believe that guy was Jack's brother! I just... unh! wow. Anyway, that's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as one who DID comment that season 3 of lost hasn't been all that...I think it's cause you can only focus on jack, kate and sawyer so much. I enjoyed the variety of cast they had in the past season. Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to the season resuming, it just hasn't had me on the edge of my seat thus far.