Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Today

Today was just kind of blah. The highlight of my day was going to our church leadership meeting. It was nice for me to be able to hear from more people at the church I work at, which I'm liking more as time goes on and feeling more comfortable in. But work was blagh. Seriously, if a woman is going to breast-feed her child in a public place (ie. the restaurant I work at), she should AT LEAST have the decency to COVER UP.

I'm not going to talk any more on that point. I think you get the picture. So anyway. I wanted to stay until 4 or 4:30 at work today, maybe make some more money, maybe flirt with some girls from the night crew (obviously the more important reason), but they made me go home. It was really between me and one other girl - we both wanted to stay, so of course we do the only fair thing we can think of - we flip a coin. And of course, as happens every time this same server and I decide things with random chance, she wins. I'm not exaggerating or just complaining and saying something always happens a certain way because it happened today and it just makes it seem like a lot. She and I have both commented on it several times: she always wins. If we both want to stay she stays; if we both want to leave, she leaves. It's just always the way the coin tosses. On top of that, I think she jinxed me today, because I keep losing at poker. And it's not that I'm getting okay hands and just making stupid decisions. I've seriously been getting unlucky and screwed over at ever turn. I lost about 5 tournaments online today. The best hand I got was pocket 6's, the entire time. Oh, and that was the hand I lost one of the tournaments on. go figure. So, yeah... I was jinxed. I made some good bluffs, though. very impressive ones. That was good. not good enough, but it feels good when that last guy folds to your big bet when you have absolutely nothing. It's got to be convincing, of course... and you can't do it when the other guy has a great hand.

So that was my day today. Nothing else iinteresting happened, and I didn't accomplish anything either. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe I should come on here more often and say what I've accomplished. The shame would probably motivate me quite nicely. Okay. So next time, I'll say something I've accomplished. Sounds good.

No comments: