Wednesday, June 16, 2004

More Poetry - please forgive me

Decided I'd post another one of my poems. Not because I would just love for more people to be "blessed" by my poetry. Heh heh. But because the one I want to put on here communicates an experience in life that I find fascinating, and that is the anti-climactic. Like watching a movie and there's really no climax and no great resolution, but it just ends, and everything just seems alright without any sort of closure to all the issues. Oftentimes life is like that, and I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed. Anyway, here it is:

I envisioned the end as more climactic
Some grand and glorious resolution.
Some sweet relief, some waking effort,
Some vital time, an event to make it better.
I imagined more than freedom,
More than waking and finding all was dreaming
And all my pain was folly
And all my efforts fruitless.
For life was not out to get me,
And of a sudden, now it's over


And that's it. I suppose what I said in the previous paragraph possibly communicates it adequately, but the poem was when the thought first found expression in my mind, so I'll put that out there.

No comments: