Monday, May 24, 2004

I find it to be a horrible tragedy that there are so many horrible movies about religious and biblical things. Not only are these terrible flicks a bane to society, but they tarnish the good nature and the powerful meaning that are in the very stories they attempt to portray. I'm seeing one now (I say seeing, not watching, because I'm about to change the channel). I know it's mainly because they're all low budget, but it still bothers me. I didn't know anyone would be silly enough to make a movie with the story of Judah and Tamar, a story that definitely does not get taught in Sunday school. Can't afford good actors, good writers, or good production, then don't make the movie. Not to mention the music. Ugh. Thank goodness for Gibson's the Passion of the Christ. One of the only biblical movies I've ever seen that's any good. I really don't have any more to say. The crudity of this terrible movie leaves me speechless. Speaking of speechless. Why do people always speak in an English accent, as if trying to authenticate a foreign or historical scene, when English wasn't even a language at the time. Does it really make it sound more Jewish to depict an ancient Hebrew with an English accent?? Just ludicrous. I need a cigarette. (I don't even smoke, but this crap makes me want to).

No comments: