Thursday, March 29, 2012

'Don't Do the Dew' Challenge 5

Last night, something interesting happened.

I had already had a MD earlier in the day, but the kids had just gone to bed and I really felt like having a nice cold soda. I went and got one from the fridge, and it was cold and incredibly appealing (i don't always have cold cans, but I had put one in the fridge for the next day). I had it out on the desk with the full intention of drinking it. But when it came to actually doing the deed, I ended up just looking at it, and with great difficulty, I felt compelled to ignore it, even though I had not set that intention. After many days of convincing myself that "too much" mountain dew was something I should resist, I felt the same compulsion without meaning to.

So, I think that's something great, and I'm looking forward to discovering more exciting results.

No comments: