Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Visit my Trumpet Blog

As some of you may know, I've been working for some time on a little writing project called Trumpet, dealing with despair and hopelessness. I have decided to do something I have toyed with doing for the book, and that is to collect journal entries and personal stories from people who have struggled with despair or dealt with difficult times in life when there just seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel. I have just set up a new blog for just such a purpose, and it is at thelowlycharicks.blogspot.com. If you have a story or if you could dig up some journal entries, even if it is only disjointed sentence fragments and smatterings of emotional diatribes, please be willing to contribute them to my work by posting them on the comments section of my post. As the nature of this material can be extremely personal, I encourage you to post anonymously, and feel free to change names and dates. You don't have to put yourself out there for all the world to see; we just need to see that other people go through this kind of thing all the time. So please take the time to visit the site. I think most of the people I know can think of at least one time in their lives when they felt hopeless. It might be more difficult to find journal entries from the actual time, but if you can't find anything you might have written about what you were thinking, feeling, and going through at the time, then you can at least share what you remember now. And please, encourage others you know to check out the site. This is not limited to any culture, ethnicity, religion, or age group. Please check it out.

Thank you.

No comments: