Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's with Today, today

I don't have a ton to write about right now. I have a short story based on one of my main characters from my novel, and it's up for critique on a critiquing website I joined a month ago. So I should get several critiques on the story in the next week, which will be really cool. I've already gotten one, and the feedback was good. I'm hoping someone will read it who will want to publish it in some magazine or something. If not, I'll probably submit it to one after I'm done editing it. It's a fun story, about how Onefist Jel first became a big name in the outlaw community of Moorlick. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's just too bad. You'll have to buy my book when it's finally published. Who knows when that will be.

I'm still trying to live in thankfulness. It helps to remind myself "I live by the grace of God." This phrase reminds me that everything I have is a gift, Everything I have I've received. It takes away feelings of entitlement and encourages feelings of trust. Entitlement often leads to bitterness, anger, resentment. Whereas trust leads to happiness, joy, and love. So I thank God for everything I have, because it's all a gift. Life is a gift, and I plan to live it gratefully.

No comments: