Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas season

This past Sunday was the last performance of Edgardo Mine at the Guthrie. It's something I'm really glad I did. After several weeks of doing eight performances every week, I can honestly say that I would love to do this for a career. I love the crowds, the feel of the stage, the costumes, the acting, the energy of throwing a performance. It's a great time and working with great people is definitely a plus.

So now it's the Christmas season, and other than preparing presents and enjoying time with family and friends, I'm mostly just waiting to go to Utah, where I can spend a lot more time with someone special. I leave on the 27th, so pray for me and wish me well.

My book is coming along. I've found that I actually really enjoy editing. It's difficult when I come across a scene that I don't really like and I'm not really into it, but sometimes I get to enjoy my own writing, which is great. The rough draft I finished just a couple of weeks ago, and I hope to have the second draft done by the end of January, at which point I'll send it to some friends of mine to look at and see if it's any good, maybe give some feedback.

Otherwise, that's it for me at the moment. I don't really have any interesting thoughts or insights at the moment so I'll just leave you with some fine words:

Pom-Pom... what's up my main... man... my dawg... my ace in the hole... second place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this someone special is in eager anticipation for you to get to utah...very much.