Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Recording Equipment

So I was on Ebay looking around, and I happened upon this auction for a whole bunch of recording equipment. I've wanted to try out home recording for some time and thought I'd never have the money to buy enough crap to actually do something decent with my music on my own. But here was this auction. I waited until about half an hour before the auction was over to place my bid. The shipping cost was like $95, and since I was willing to spend 1500, I placed my bid of 1400. I was at that time the top bidder at 1025, and I went out to eat with my family. When I got back, I found that I had won the equipment for 1380. If the last guy had bid $50 more, I would have lost the auction. Those kind of things make me wonder about stuff like fate. Was I meant to win? It just seemed too crazy that I had bid just enough to win the thing. If I had bid less, would I still have won? I don't know, I just find the questions interesting.

No comments: