Sunday, June 13, 2004

Work at a Restaurant

I work at a restaurant. I consider it a horrible profession. Right in the middle of the corporate selfish mindset that permeates america. Managers are interested in their scores, so they can get good bonuses, so they can afford another plasma tv for their basement. Customers want their food right away and they want as much free stuff as possible. I just want to serve people and have everybody be happy and make enough money to live on. There are some people that I come across that are peaceful and happy enough to make my job bearable, and there are a good number of co-workers who have some good values, but work environment seems to have an effect on all of us. I've become more jaded over the past two years and much more prone to swearing. Though I've never sworn at a customer, I use vulgarity to myself all the time. Not that vulgarity is the worst thing in the world. But for me it can be an indication of my anger level. And I do not want to live an angry life, nor do I want to affect others with my anger. I think I need to get out of here for a good long while. okay. Don't have much else to say right now.

No comments: